Dear Young Investigators,
Are you enthusiastic and keen with ideas about how to foster a strong relationship between OARSI and young investigators?
The Young Investigator Sub-committee (YISC) was established in 2008 to encourage greater participation of young investigators in OARSI. Since its founding we have established a lunchtime ‘How to’ workshop, a ‘Meet the Mentor’ session, young investigator reception and social event at the annual congress, and this year also a pre-congress workshop. OARSI scholarships have also been established. However we want to become bigger and better, and provide greater means for you to be involved with and mentored by OARSI. Importantly, the chair of the YISC attends the Board of Directors meetings to provide young investigator input into the direction of OARSI.
To help us serve you better we are currently accepting applications for two new members of the Young Investigator Subcommittee for a 4-year term. Applications are open to all young investigators who are OARSI members, from any field within OA research.
Specifically, we ask you to provide the following and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Details of activities directed at young investigators that you would like OARSI to pursue more actively
- Details of activities you would personally like to be engaged in and be able to assist with.
- A short CV (not more than 1 page with font size 12)
- A short publication list (not more than one page with font size 12)
- A list of which OARSI meetings you have already attended
The deadline is the 10th of January. Questions can be forwarded to Blandine Poulet.